The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) is hiring a Director of Resource Management (ORM) in the Washington, DC area. The position is located in the HHS, Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR), Office of Resource Management.
The Director provides strategic and expert advice to the Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary (PDAS) on operational readiness, recovery, and response activities to ensure efficient and effective coordination of Departmental efforts to prepare for, respond to, and recovery from public health and medical emergencies.
- Serves as the ASPR point of contact for Federal interagency meetings related to supply chain management, logistics, and resource management.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in managing a large complex medical logistics organization, including strategic planning, finance, and personnel.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in medical logistics, including budget, supply chain management, and contracts.
- Significant experience as an organization's senior decision-maker in response to medical operations in emergencies and other contingencies at federal, state, and local levels in identifying appropriate preparedness, response, and recovery actions to take.
- Oversees the readiness of the Strategic National Stockpile (SNS) to include state, local, territorial, and tribal jurisdictions' readiness to receive and dispense medical countermeasures (MCMs); strategies for SNS deployment; currency with science related to MCM use, policies, procedures, and compliance with maintaining MCM stockpiles; MCM shelf-life extension; and interactions with SNS stakeholders.
- Directs and coordinates activities to support the operational preparedness, response, recovery, and readiness of ASPR and its state, local, territorial, and tribal partners in areas of IT; medical supply chain and logistics; and contracts, grants, and MCM dispensing.
- Oversees the logistical support to medical and public health operations during times of activation of the National Disaster Medical System, national declarations of disasters and emergencies, public health emergencies, national security special events, or other activities as directed by the ASPR.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures that facilitate routine and emergency travel of ASPR staff, intermittent Federal employees, and others.
- Serves as the ASPR point of contact for IT enterprise activities, including strategic policies, practices, and protocols; IT procurements, cybersecurity, and field deployable technologies, such as electronic health records; IT systems used in the Secretary's Operations Center; and procurement of software products used in ASPR. The Director will ensure that ASPR IT policies and practices are consistent and compliant with HHS IT policies, procedures, and Federal regulations governing IT.
Click link to apply.