There are seats available for Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) courses in February at the Emergency Management Institute in Emmitsburg, MD. The E0427 CERT Program Manager and the E0428 CERT Train-the-Trainer courses are offered February 23-27, 2015. Students who wish to take both courses must submit a separate application for each course.
The E0427 CERT Program Manager course is intended for current CERT Program Managers or professionals and volunteers who are interested in being a local CERT Program Manager. You will learn the core components of a local CERT program and effective practices for:
- Developing local CERT program goals and a related strategic plan;
- Promoting local CERT programs;
- Orienting, managing, and retaining CERT members;
- Recruiting, funding, managing, and retaining CERT trainers.
The CERT Train-the-Trainer course includes:
- Delivering the CERT Basic Training;
- Conveying the messages and intent of the CERT Program; and
- Creating a comfortable yet managed learning environment.
These trainings are a great way to learn, not just from the seasoned instructors who teach the , but also from the participants who hail from CERT programs throughout the country.
Take advantage by enrolling today!